PRCA Makes Submission to Lobbying Act Review
The Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA) has made its submission to the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform’s review of the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015.
The PRCA has been a strong supporter of the Lobbying Act since it has come into force, providing guidelines on members on compliance with the legislation, and holding briefings on the issue. The first year of the Act has been largely positive, however there are issues that need to be considered based on that experience.
Those issues include:
- need for continued education of public servants and officials so that they can support compliance with the legislation;
- concern about the apparent low levels of compliance by other professional services;
- need for the Act to be amended so that it clearly applies to overseas lobbying activity;
- the removal of MEPs from the scope of the legislation, given that it is duplication of the European Transparency Register; and
- require Government Departments to regularly update the Designated Public Officials listings.
The full submission can be accessed here.
Each year Heneghan PR sponsors an award recognising the Best Performance in Writing for students of the Masters in Public Relations at DIT. The prize was presented by Nigel Heneghan, Managing Director, Heneghan PR to Sophia Oestreichter, MA in Public Relations and...
Ann-Marie O'Sullivan and the team at AM O'Sullivan PR were celebrating on Novemeber 4th when they won Cork Communications Company of the Year for the second year in a row at the Cork Business Awards. According to the judges this award "recognise[s] a communications...
Earlier this month ICCO held its annual Global Summit in Helsinki,
Some 300 delegates from 30-plus countries, including PRCA Chair Rhona Blake FPRII, heard from more than 40 speakers.
The ICCO board also voted to approve a statement of ethics, called the Helsinki Declaration.
Dr Martina Byrne has been appointed as the PRCA’s new Chief Executive and will be starting work on Wednesday 25th October. Her appointment concludes a comprehensive recruitment process that started in July. There was a very high standard among the wide range of...
Tuesday 26th September - Hanover, an independent corporate communications consultancy and member of the PRCA, has been nominated for two 2017 Global PR Agencies of the Year SABRE Awards by the most authoritative international industry observers The Holmes Report. This...