Neasa Kane-Fine, FPRII will chair the judging panel for this years’ Awards for Excellence in PR. Neasa takes over from Padraig McKeon, FPRII who was Chair of the 13-strong judging panel for the past three years.
Neasa is the Director of Project Communications in international consultancy firm, RPS where she specialises in crisis, corporate and project communications for the public sector and major infrastructural projects, as well as environmental awareness campaigns for the EU Commission.
She has been a member of the Awards for Excellence Judging Panel since 2016. She brings extensive insight from over 20 years’ agency, in-house and international communications consultancy experience.
RPS is a member of the PRCA and Neasa is an active member of the PRII. Neasa was awarded a Fellowship in 2015 and was elected to the PRII’s National Council in 2016 where she served as Chair of Education for two years.
Serving alongside Neasa there are also four new judges this year; Carmel Doyle FPRII, CEO of the Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation and former PRII President; Síne Friel, Communications Official Irish National Teachers’ Organisation and winner of the Gladys McNevin Prize for best PRII Diploma student in 2018; Andy Green, FCIPR (UK) and FRSA (UK), Director, Story Starts Here; and Dr Kevin Hora MPRII, Programme Chair, MA in PR and MA in Public Affairs & Political Communication, Technological University Dublin.
Also on the 2019 Judging Panel are:
- Celine Crawford MPRII, Press and PR Manager, Global Communications, IDA Ireland
- Michael Cullen, Editor of Marketing.ie and Marketing Media Columnist for the Irish Independent and The Herald
- Krishna De, Founder and CEO, Biz Growth Media
- Frank Dillon, Editor of Decision Magazine
- Geoff Lyons, Managing Director, PML Group
- Padraig McKeon FPRII, Independent Corporate Communications Consultant, Associate Lecturer DCU, and PRII President
- Niamh O’Carroll FPRII, Director, O’Carroll Consulting
- Florence White MPRII, Group Head of Corporate Affairs, Stakeholder and Media Relations, Ervia
Dates for your Diary
The Awards shortlist will be announced on Friday, 10 May and the Gala Prize Giving Luncheon will take place in the Round Room of the Mansion House on Friday, 21 June.